Follow Us

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, June 14, 2013

Help My Unbelief

Jesus, in the book of Mark, says an incredible thing...

        25 Jesus said to him, "If you can believe, all things are possible
             to him who believes."  Mark 9:25

The operative word there is "If." Such a tiny word, but what an important word. The sentence Jesus spoke was said in the context of a deliverance miracle and the account of Jesus' transfiguration, in the presence of Peter, James and John.

The disciples had failed to be able to cast out the mute spirit from a boy and Jesus had rebuked them for it. He almost sounds as if He was somewhat weary and maybe a bit annoyed with them as He said, "O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? How long shall I bear with you? Bring him to Me."

I know Jesus well enough to know that whatever He said to them, He said in love. He is Love, after all. But, I also believe He expects us, at some point, to mature and to exercise our faith, cast out the unbelief as the evil thing that it is, and begin to see those things we pray about and for come to pass. "If you can believe..."

The Lord spoke to my heart in church this past Sunday as the Pastor was preaching on faith. He (the Lord) spoke, "Believing has nothing to do with seeing." It may seem too simple, at first glance, but don't gloss over it.. Read it over several times and then begin to meditate on it throughout the day. It's a word from God.

Lord, we cast out the "unbelief" and choose to "believe!" It doesn't matter
what I see in front of my face. If the word of God has given me a
promise about something, and I believe it, it will be mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reaching out to us. We'll reply as soon as possible.
David & Nina