Follow Us

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, July 29, 2013

Words

When I was growing up, I used to hear the saying, "Sticks and stones can break my bones, but WORDS will never hurt me." I'm sure you heard it, too, probably more than once. Oh my, nothing could have been further from the truth! My brother and I used to get in some pretty nasty name-calling sessions from time to time. Being raised in a "Christian in name only" home, we were not taught to love and respect each other. I remember a glass ashtray flying through the air, as well. Thankfully, his aim wasn't very good...haha  Okay, enough about my childhood.

God's word tells us that "death and life are in the power of the tongue." Prov. 18:21 It goes on to say that "those who love it will eat it's fruit." If we could only see the choice we have each day to either bless or curse with our WORDS. I know that over the years I have spoken things out of my mouth that did not bring life, and if I could go back and undo them, I certainly would. But, once we utter them, they have gone out either to edify (bless) or to harm someone.

This verse also tells us that whichever one we love the most, life or death, will be on our tongue, meaning that whatever we feed on the most, will eventually come out of our mouth. So, the good news is...we have a choice in the matter. We can choose to feed on His goodness, His word, His faithfulness each and every day. Then our words will line up with His words. Our words will bless and not curse.
I pray blessings on your life today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reaching out to us. We'll reply as soon as possible.
David & Nina