Follow Us

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, November 11, 2013

Stress-free?

Hey, I have good news for you today...according to wayfair.com, you can enjoy the upcoming holidays "stress-free"...and I quote: (with a hint of sarcasm)

"From furniture to our favorite ways to deck the halls, celebrate the holidays totally stress-free."

Now, mind you, I have nothing against Wayfair or their products, but that is quite a claim! Seems just a bit unrealistic to me. How about you? We all know that the holidays bring out the best and the worst in people (and yes that includes every family).

I think for most of us (especially women) we go into the holiday season wanting everything to be perfect; the gifts, the decor, the food, etc. Talk about a set-up for disappointment! Ladies, I just want to say up front, "It will not be perfect." Things will go wrong, here or there.

I don't think there is such a thing as "stress-free." Maybe in death. :) Just enjoy the holidays...try not to have unrealistic expectations. Enjoy your family and friends. Enjoy, yes, even enjoy the fact that nobody is perfect, except Jesus. Be conscious of Him in your celebrations this season, and the stress level will decrease measurably.

Stress-free? Still a doubting Thomas.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reaching out to us. We'll reply as soon as possible.
David & Nina