Follow Us

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

See God

I titled this post 'See God' because I realized again today how important it is to see God in the everyday little things of life.

Our son helped us today in big way, and I saw God's hand at work in him. We are very proud of the man that he has become. Our daughter gave us some good news today that they still believe in us and are for us. She is a treasure. I saw God in her today.

I heard the birds singing today when we visited the Lake Superior shoreline. I saw the beauty of the area. The sun was shining, too. I saw God's handiwork in all of its glory today.

I saw the smiles of people, the smells of popcorn and hamburgers cooking, the joy of a little boy telling his mama he had never seen a lighthouse before! Then he challenged her to a race to the lighthouse. They both took off running. I saw God in that mother's love for her son.

It's seems like a cliche to say that God is all around us, but He is. He makes Himself so evident in our everyday lives...you wonder how some seem to miss Him. I think He takes great pleasure in the fact that we recognize Him as we go about our day. He wants us to enjoy ourselves in this world that He created for us.

Have you ever just sat and watched your children as they played or worked on some project? It gave you joy to observe them doing something they took pleasure in. It gave you joy to watch them grow and learn. You felt a sense of pride over them. I think it's the same with our heavenly Father. He looks at us and says 'That's my boy!' or 'That's my girl!' He is an amazing Father. Look to him today and just whisper 'thank you.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reaching out to us. We'll reply as soon as possible.
David & Nina