Follow Us

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

What does it mean to "stand?"

One day I was meditating on the Word and the word "stand" kept coming up in my thoughts. I began asking the Lord what He truly meant by using the word "stand" so many times in the Bible. When a particular word is used many times, it must have great significance.

I looked at certain passages such as, I Peter 5:12, which says in part, "...exhorting and testifying that this is the true grace of God in which you stand."

I Thes. 3:8, "For now we live, if you stand fast in the Lord."

Col. 4:12 in part, "...that you may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God."

Eph. 6:13 in part, "...and having done all, to stand."

Gal. 5:1 in part, "Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free..."

There are many more that I have not listed. You can do a search (I use biblegateway.com) for the word 'stand' and see what you come up with. It's quite interesting. The Lord spoke to my heart and said, "You are able to stand when you know that you are forgiven." [Read it over a few times.]

I Cor. 15:1 says, "Moreover brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand."  The gospel is the good news that we have been forgiven! We are able to stand, knowing that we are forgiven! Once and for all time. Our sins have been dealt with and He remembers them no more. The gospel tells me that I have been forgiven..I stand in that forgiveness. What love the Father has for us!

Be sure to watch the video, on this blog, by Joseph Prince titled, "Boast of the Lord's love for you." and be blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reaching out to us. We'll reply as soon as possible.
David & Nina