Follow Us

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Marriage Supper of the Lamb

I enjoy food...maybe a little too much. I could stand to lose a few pounds, as well. I tend to run to "comfort food" in times of stress or when things seem a little out of control. I guess it's confession time. Well, they say confession is good for the soul, right? Mashed potatoes with gravy are probably second on the "comfort food" list to potato chips..


Well, let me just say, I used to drink alcohol (and to excess) and smoke cigarettes. I don't do those things anymore; not because I'm trying to be 'holier than thou,' but because God delivered me from them..thank you Jesus!

He delivered both my husband and I from alcohol. Now I'm not trying to put law on you and tell you that you need deliverance from these things...just giving you "our" testimonies. But, because I don't do those things anymore, sometimes I feel 'justified' in eating the wrong foods or even eating too much of something. There is no excuse for it, and I know that. I'll own up to that.

What I truly look forward to is the 'Marriage Supper of the Lamb.' See verse below~ I can imagine a banquet table set with wonderful foods, an abundance and a variety of foods. Best of all, we won't have to worry about calories!! No fretting over the waistline anymore! We will have a glorified body that can never get fat!! Won't that be awesome?  

But, the most awesome thing will be the fact that we are finally in the presence of our Savior, the Lord Jesus. He will be the Host of the 'momentous meal.' I don't really think that our eyes will be on the food...they will be fixed on Him, in all His radiance and beauty. Make sure that YOU are on that guest list. The only way to be included is to be born again, born from above, born of the Spirit. And that takes place when you make Jesus Lord of your life.

Revelation 19:9

New King James Version (NKJV)
Then he said to me, “Write: ‘Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb!’” And he said to me, “These are the true sayings of God.”

I look forward to dining with you at the 'marriage supper of the Lamb.'


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reaching out to us. We'll reply as soon as possible.
David & Nina